Here are our 6 Pro Tips as we head into summer!
- Keep your horse shaded as much as possible: Be sure to keep your horse shaded to keep them from getting sun bleached, or worse, sunburnt! (Watch our podcast on how keeping a shiny coat here)
- No shade? Apply lots of conditioner: You can keep your horse’s mane and tail healthy and from drying out by frequently applying conditioner
- Wash your horse frequently: Sweat collects lots of dust and debris on your horse's mane, tail, and coat, which can cause irritation. Irritation leads to rubbing, so washing your horse frequently will reduce the risk of irritation and rubbing (Watch our full washing tutorial here)
- Keep your horse's pen clean: Flies can be a major problem in the summer so keep your horse's pens picked, and use our fly mask and tailbag for extra protection and comfort
- Horse not in a pen? Using our fly mask and tailbag is a must
- Fly masks protect your horse's face from flies and the sun. Fly masks really help your horse's mentality because they don't have to deal with flies crawling on their face all day long, and they protect the eyes, cheeks, forehead, and ears from getting sunburned (Watch what makes our fly mask special here)
- Tailbags also protect your horse tail from bleaching in the sun without taking away your horse's ability to defend against flies
- Our best summer tip - Feed BioMane daily: Treat your horse to BioMane Equine Pellets once a day!